Saturday, August 1, 2009

Why is that Ad on my Blog?

You are going to see Ads on my blog. Why?

I'm a bit of a paranoid, and I like to buy things online that are sometimes hard to find in Canada.

For example, I believe if we have a major power outage like we had on Aug 14-03 when 55 million people were slightly inconvenienced by being in the dark for several days and without electricity, it might be a tad difficult to get to the doctor's office to be diagnosed with a throat infection, get to the pharmacy to purchase the antibiotic, and then get home (all with no traffic lights working). Yeah, that'd be a cinch! It's hard enough to see a doctor in Canada when everything is going perfect. . .

So I have a strep throat test kit at home, and antibiotics. I know I'm not supposed to do that (because I'm not qualified to treat myself for something so routine as a throat infection), but since it is only in the event of a major catastrophe, I consider it worth the risk and actually very cheap insurance. .

I have house insurance, car insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, dental and drug insurance, even towing insurance. And those things add up to a lot of bucks on a monthly basis. Why not carry a bottle of amoxicillin, just in case?

I have invested a lot of time Googling the web, trying to locate ways to ship to Canada various items that aren't always that easy to import. Antibiotics are one. It seems it is much easier for Americans (for now anyway, until Obama messes that up too) to buy many of these things online. Not so for us lowly Canadians.

And so, that is why I have started posting links from my site to some of the services I use. They promise to pay me something if you link to them from me. I like that part.

There are a bunch of Google ads as well, which I know nothing about, other than I hope one day I will make some money from them. I can't vouch for them, but the pretty looking links at the top left of my page I have used and been happy with. And that's all she wrote.